Sony follows Toshiba's Move (free PS3)

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by CJ, Jun 17, 2007.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

In the Best Buy ad today there's a deal that if you buy a $2000 Sony TV (vs. the $999 toshiba) + one BD movie + 1 PS3 game + a PS3 you get $600 off which makes the PS3 free. Comes out to spendign $2089 for everything. Now granted the Toshiba deal was more than one store and this might be a one week deal, but who knows.

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Saw that....HD-DVD of course sat on the sidelines again.

3. Shane

Shane Active Member

Do you get an alternative universe newspaper as well? They've been pounding the ads the past month with HD DVD hardware and software sales.

4. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yep, even saw an HD-DVD/Best Buy ad on TV this last week.

5. Chris White

Chris White New Member

We'll buying a new 40-46" LCD in the next couple of months so I guess I'll have to start keeping an eye out for promotions like this. I'd be more interested if the deal included a Sony BD player instead of a PS3.

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

"Pounding" huh?? Interesting...most every ad I see there is mainly Blu related...not always, but probably 90% of the time.

7. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yep, alternate universe...

8. Alfer

Alfer New Member

The one where Blu may indeed win the "war".

:)

9. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Sounds like you're ready to buy in then. Let me know if you need us to talk to the Mrs. for you. :p

10. Alfer

Alfer New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah...I have the patience to wait the whole thing out...SD for us for as long as it takes.

:)