1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Sony receiver help (STR-DE885)

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by Ron-P, May 22, 2007.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I have that receiver in my shed powering my outdoor speakers. I have all 4 wired up but cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the rears to work. I have a coax feed from the dvd player to the receiver. The receiver says it's in prologic mode but the rears will not work. I am at a loss as I do not have the manuel.

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

So you have two plugged into the "A" "Front" speaker input, and two plugged into the "Rear" inputs...correct?

3. Alfer

Alfer New Member

This is your receiver correct?

x158str885b-b.jpe

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Thanks Alfer. I found out, via the manual, how to clear the memory, that did the trick, they work now.

I think I'll swap the rock speakers to make them the mains and then the ones under the eves make them the surrounds. The surrounds out in the yard, even at max +10 are not very loud and the ones under the eves I cannot control the volume of so if I swap them I can better control the volume of the ones close to the house and crank the ones out in the yard to get a better balance.

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Glad it worked out...