1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Spiderman 3

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Michael M, May 9, 2007.

1. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Uugghh!! Can I have 2hrs and 20 minutes of my life back please? Chalk me up as another one to pan this movie. 2nd worst movie I've seen this year. 'The Pathfinder' is tops on my bad movie list. I feel bad that Drew paid for us to go. Not so bad to pay him back though. :twisted: I don't know of any other time where I felt I went to two bad movies in a row.

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I feel your pain sir...I feel your pain.

:evil:

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Just watching the trailer's made me want to stay away. I will rent it though.

4. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Don't say you weren't warned!!

It's sad to see a potentially great franchise bomb so bad. I know it had a great opening weekend, but I bet it drops off fast as word spreads. I think some people will go see it just to see the trainwreak.

5. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

Im ticked! I don't want to go see a spiderman movie with only 15 minutes of action in a 2 and a half hour movie.

6. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

What exactly is up with the rest of the flick? Did they go all dark and deep into characters? If so, I wonder if their core audience might be a little turned off, but others might actually like it more?

7. Alfer

Alfer New Member

They just tried to plop various villians in out of nowhere just for the sake of keeping Spidey (and the CGI guys) busy..I wouldn't say it was dark at all..just flat out corny (in a bad way). The characters were just afterthoughts IMO.

It was just a muddled mess that left you feeling totally detached and made ya not wanna give a rip about who was winning whatever battle Spidey was in.

8. CJ

Ug. BTW, my 3 year old carries around a little toy that she got in a happy meal or something. She calls it fider man.

9. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I think they were gonna add "Fider Man" to the mix of villains but ran out of time...and money. :wink:

10. CJ

:lol: :lol:

11. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I think he was gonna be Rastafarian too...dang ! How cool would that have been!! "Hey Spidey-mon!!"

12. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

They totally ruined the villains. They did goblin just fine but Venom and sandman...ugh!

Venom was suppose to be his hardest enemy and he didn't last long.

13. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Go see "Hot Fuzz" you will thank me later.

As for Spidey 3... I just got back from seeing it. I guess it's one of those films where expectations are a big let down. I enjoyed it... not on the same level as 1&2 but still a fun popcorn flick. Spidey going dark maybe wasn't totally realized but the last 30 min. really makes up for it. I also liked the resolution of the Peter/Harry story line. I'm left happy paying at a matinee level.

-EJ

14. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

just got back with the kids. I enjoyed every minute of it and so did the kids. It could have been even better if they shorten it up by 20 minutes. But it was good. two thumbs up!

15. Yarvis Torres

Yarvis Torres New Member

Well said Alfer, my sentiments exactly. Love the first, was just OK with the second, but the third? It was such a disappointment. I hope they leave it alone.

16. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Sam Raimi, the director, is well known to have never liked the Venom storyline.

17. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

We saw Spiderman 3 tonight at the Drive In. It was not at all what I had hoped it would be. I'm not saying it was bad but the "Peter the Pimp" gag went on way too long and I did not find it at all funny.

18. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Not going to happen with the huge amounts of cash this franchise rakes in.

-EJ

19. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

Which begs the question "so why did he do it...?"

In any case, corniness aside, I thought it was better than most 3rd installments of anything but certainly not as good as 1 or 2.

20. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

Just got back from seeing it. It was OK. Felt very by-the-numbers. Turn bad, do bad stuff, aunt comes in with advice at the right time, realize you're bad, turn good, other bad guy turns good too so of course he dies. Maybe all that's in the comics, but everything felt very formulaic. PotC 3 was more exciting, which isn't saying much.

I thought the jazz bar scene was the only time Toby Maguire did any acting in this movie :)