1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Stan Lee signs deal with Disney

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by Michael, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

The deal doesn't include stuff like Spider-Man, but hopefully his ideas will spur some good content.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19079833/

2. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

Is this a good thing?

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Who knows. It seems very FYI to me.

4. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

I think it's big for fans of Stan. Stan didn't get Jack from the film $$$$ of his Hulk, Spiderman, Fantastic Four or X-Men creations. The man created some of the most memorable comic book characters of the century.

5. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

If he didn't get anything from those films, its because he didn't own the IP. If he DID own the IP and still didn't get anything he's insane.

6. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

He made the mistake of owning the IP and selling the film rights way, way, way back when before the IP went to film. He sued for a portion of the Spiderman profits but from my understanding didn't get crap because Marvel Studies recquired the IP.

7. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

I wonder if Disney will greenlight a Stripperella movie?

Oh well, I suppose we could always get Feedback: The Motion Picture. :)