Stranger Things on Netflix (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Jay Brown, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

The Goonies, The Gate, E.T., Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Explorers, Aliens, Under The Skin, ABC Afternoon Specials, and Super 8 rolled up into one great season.

I won't go into detail but if you were a pre-teen or teenager growing up in the 80s, this series Nails it!!!

Watch it!!!!!!!

Sent using LG G5

2. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

We're through Ep 5. This show is the tits. Def recommend it.

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Active Member War Zone Member

I binged this show over the course of 2 days. I may try to re-watch with my wife soon.

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

My wife and I watched it. Didn't think she was going to make it after episode 3. I really liked it.

5. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member War Zone Member

I enjoyed it but not as much as I thought I would. Plot aside, the kids were all a little odd although most were cast that way. The older sister has an obvious eating disorder and I was bothered watching her. I did enjoy most of the nods to ET, Poltergeist, The Thing, Evil Dead, etc. but didn't feel any real emotional payoff from the ending.

6. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Well-Known Member Top Poster

My wife and I enjoyed it a lot.

7. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I am trying but made it to the end of Ep 2 and losing interest.

8. chad

chad Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

We both really enjoyed it. Thinking about watching the again solo.

9. CJ

10. Jay Brown

Lol "...... it won't bring Barb back."

Sent using LG G5

11. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Lol. Bullshit they aren't trying to get to the upside down.

12. Zak

Zak Active Member War Zone Member

There is a great morning show on a local radio station and they all were raving about how good this show is. My wife and I gave it a spin and we were both hooked. She's not usually a binge type watcher but she wanted to plow through them as quickly as possible and I had to slow it down. We simply LOVED season 1 and cannot wait for season 2. Outstanding show.

13. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

This was a great show. I like that it told a more or less self contained story in one season. Looking forward to the second season; the teaser during the superbowl was awesome!

14. CJ

I'm really jazzed for this coming back. Like I said, I was really happy my wife liked this. I wouldn't mind turning this into a deeper discussion. Should I spoiler tag the thread?

15. Dennis Pagoulatos

Do it! :)

CJ likes this.
  16. CJ

Spoilerized thread.

I couldn't believe how well this series was done for a genre I don't normally love. The lights thing and the pushing through the walls was creepy as hell and the entire Upside Down was really freaky. I'll be curious with them killing Barb how dark they'll take this show. And the cliffhanger ending with Will still having a connection to the Upside Down is a great setup. But, I agree with @Dennis Pagoulatos that it also was a fully contained story.

17. Dennis Pagoulatos

I really like:
    1) the fact that the characters seem like real people, ie flawed.
    2) there are real stakes (sorry Barb!)
    3) the show answers just as many questions as it asks
    4) forward momentum to the story, ie very little "filler"

Will having a connection to the Upside Down, the fate of Eleven, and how does do the dastardly Power&Energy people react to losing Eleven, who seemed to be invaluable to them; not sure if there is a "twelve" or what happened to "ten", etc. Many questions remain, and I'm stoked for S2!

18. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Perfectly said. Amazing show..

CJ likes this.
  19. CJ

We watched S2E1 Friday night after work while the kids were watching a movie. Yesterday we did something we hardly ever do (or get to do with the kids). Other than breaks for carving pumpkins and fixing food for the kids, my wife and I lounged in the home theater ALL DAY and watched the entire remainder of S2. It was awesome.

20. Jay Brown

I watched about 6 episodes and the mystery is very strong. The first scene of the first episode has been enough for me to really get into this series. I hope to finish the season some time this week.