Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip is Back

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Adil M, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Adil M

Adil M New Member

I am glad this show is on again. I like this type of TV and just wish this episode had been shown further back in time.

This series just seems smarter than a lot of TV out there.

2. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

I'm with you, unfortunately the show has been canceled and they're just showing episodes they already had filmed. At least we get a few more.

3. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Yep.

Going to watch all the remaining episodes, but it is a bummer that is has been cancelled.

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Aaron Sorkin is too intelligent for his own good. He writes smart, witty dialogue, hires good actors to play his characters and quality directors to make each episode. Clearly this is a recipe for failure in American television. :evil:

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I'm sure the guy is mega talented...the West Wing early on was a big big hit...but all the great acting, directing and witty dialogue can't save a show that dealt with a topic most people just don't give a flip about. In this case a show about a fake SNL style show...SNL and it's ilk have lost their popularity years and years ago. Sure 30 Rock is surviving better, but it's a quick 22 minutes of fast paced humor as opposed to hour long dry drama and attempts at humor.

6. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Who else just won a bet with themself?

7. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

It is sad that America can only digest drama if the topic is law, medicine, crime (perpetuating and investigation) or politics.

The only other option seems to be downright soap opera style shows.

8. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

:lol:

I actually won the daily double due to some posts over in the "Blu-Ray and HD DVD" section. :p

9. Alfer

Alfer New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well when ya blame the supposed not so bright American viewers for the failure of not so topical show, a brotha has gotta defend the viewers! :)

10. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Hey I like "The Office" , "Ugly Betty" and the Food Network!

:wink: :lol:

11. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

"Ugly Betty" is the only semi-drama in that list, and it definitely is "soap opera" style.... or at least mimicking/mocking telenovelas.

12. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Sounds like you need to just focus on watching DVD's or channels like TLC, Food Network, History Channel and the dozens of non-network channels....should make ya much more happy. :)

13. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Ummm... OK.

14. Alfer

Alfer New Member

15. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

[hand up]

16. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I too knew it was coming.

17. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Sports Night

BTW, Studio 60 isn't about a fake SNL show, it's about the characters.

18. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

Another excellent show and one of my favorites to put on when watching TV on DVD.

19. Alfer

Alfer New Member

True...a great example of a another of his niche shows (like S60).

20. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Sports Night was one of my favorites.

Again... people just seem unable to accept a show that does not fall under one of the existing dramatic settings.