1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Supporting HTL

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Eric, May 30, 2007.

1. Eric

Eric Active Member

Sorry if this has been covered, but we need to help support CJ's costs of running HTL. Admittedly, there's not enough traffic here to be ad supported, but if CJ would join the Amazon Affiliates program, we could do a little bit...

What say you, CJ?

http://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/join

2. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

CJ has signed up HTL as an affiliate.

He is just having trouble getting the banner ad working (without messing up the formatting of the site).

Check out this thread....

http://hometheaterlounge.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=455

CJ is currently trying to update my post to link to the Heroes HD DVD using the affiliate info.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I've got a banner ad up on the header and footer now but there is no $ for clicks, only if you buy. I know from a poll that many HTL members do buy media from Amazon so if you could use those links it would help.

4. ArtieK

ArtieK New Member

Guess I'll get rid of my toolbar icon and help us out. Right now.

5. Eric

Eric Active Member

Yeah, that's the thread that prompted this one. ;)

Wasn't sure if CJ had started work on it or not, so I figured I'd get it out in the open.

I've got a couple of grand in loose change floating around. Rumor has it that the coinstar machines don't hit you with a service fee if you get an Amazon giftcard from them. Hmmm.......

6. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I need to find four omnimount 30 WB style speaker mounts.

I looked and only found the 20's if someone can show me the 30s in WB through this link I would be glad to order them this way.

Max

7. Eric

Eric Active Member

Just copy B0002RQ06E into the search field at the bottom of the page. I think that ought to do it.

8. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Enter "OMNIMOUNT 30.0" in the Keyword box.

9. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Lifted from another website describing the program...
    That's how the affiliate program works so as long as you enter Amazon through the banner at the top or via a search using the box at the bottom, anything you purchase during that session will be credited to HTL.

10. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

I have a few friends who shop Amazon all the time, I'll get them to go through here so you get the credit.

11. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Well I have been doing some playing with the search function and I have discovered a few things...

I think I can buy my projector through this link, I could likely do the HD-DVD player and the BluRay player and might be able to do the receiver this way as well.

Max

12. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Amazon sells just about everything now.

I buy almost all of my HD DVDs from them (except for the ones I got directly through WB). It is pretty easy to just click through the link above when picking something up.

13. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yep, its working now. Someone ordered something. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. We'll see how this works over time.

14. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

So, if I read this right, even when I buy a saw blade from them, if I use this link you get credit? Not just HT stuff?

15. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Anything except for Amazon Marketplace stuff. Like if you buy a used CD, HTL doesn't get anything because Amazon is only getting a small listing fee rather than a margin on a product they're selling. So yes, a saw blade would qualify.