1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

surf's up

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by stephenj, Jun 12, 2007.

1. stephenj

stephenj Active Member

cute movie with witty dialogue, funny characters, and excellent CGI water and waves, which is pretty tough to pull off.

clearly better than shrek 3, though it won't do 1/10 the box office. i'm betting it will be better than ratatooee too, though it won't do 1/4 its box office.

too bad sony did a poor job marketing this one.

7/10

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Huh??? I couldn't go 2 minutes w/o seeing the ad's on TV for this..not to metion the Happy Meals at Mc D...I think they did an above average marketing job.

3. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Perhaps he meant poor as in poor, not as in lack of.....

4. stephenj

stephenj Active Member

Yes. Sony's marketing made me aware of the movie, but didn't let me know that this is a good film. i only went to see it because i was totally bored this afternoon - i didn't plan on seeing it, because none of the previews/trailers had conveyed its goodness to me.

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Alrighty then......I guess they better start making trailers with the big words on them... "THIS MOVIE IS GOOD!!!" for folks like you.

:)

6. John F

John F Active Member War Zone Member

I went and saw this Sunday. Going in, I had low expectations (from the previews). I was very pleasantly surprised. This is one of the better "kiddie" movies I've seen in a while.

7. stephenj

stephenj Active Member

you're not a marketing expert, right? :)

8. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Way to step out on a limb there. :wink:

Saw this a few nights ago and really enjoyed it.

9. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Had a bunch of kids over for Easter yesterday and surprisingly none of them had seen this movie so we gave it a spin.

Have I mentioned how much I like Shia Lebouf? He was terrific as the lead penguin. The animation was pretty solid throughout and it had a decent (if predicatable) storyline. Some of the waves looked amazing.

Definitely worth a rental and I was entertained throughout.