1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

TappaTalk

Discussion in 'Forum Software Tips and Tricks' started by Dustin B, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

TappaTalk quick working on Android for me this morning. Get a forum doesn't have plugin installed error. It get lost in the forum upgrade CJ?

2. Shane

Shane Active Member

Tapatalk works fine on Iphone. I've been using it all morning from the west coast.

3. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member

Same here from the west east coast.

4. Dustin B

Another forum is working fine for me on tappatalk. Still can't access this one.

5. chad

No longer loading for me either.

6. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Tapatalk will be offline until I figure out what is going on with plugins in general. I'll get it working, just give me some time. Right now if I have plugins enabled at all, some core functionality isn't working (like reply with quote), even if not plugins are installed. The only way to make it work is to disable the entire plugin system.

7. CJ

Tapatalk should be back online now.

8. Dustin B

Yep working for me again. Posted this from TappaTalk.

9. chad

So the new layout... Can you not set the tabs anymore? I always had it set to pull up "unread".

10. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

Tapatalk needs to go like at least two weeks without changing the whole damn interface. Still trying to figure out how everything on the new one works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Allen

Allen New Member War Zone Member

Nearly ALL these apps drive me crazy that way - you get the interface figured out, get used to it, know where everything is, and they change the whole damn thing. I've gotten to where I don't upgrade some apps just because of this.

12. CJ

Yeah, for some reason they change a lot. That's nothing on my end, that's just the interface app. The new version is kind of a feed type of thing and its annoying to get to a specific forum from it.

13. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

The new tapatalk sucks. I deleted it off my phone.

14. Shane

Shane Active Member

i've gotten used to it. middle radio button are the new posts. tap on the upper logo for a drop down to the forums.

That being said, i prefer the old one

15. Shane

Shane Active Member

New version is out. The release notes included a long worded apology with them admitting they screwed up and they heard the complaints

16. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

The new one is much improved over the debacle that the last one was. Still not as easy to use as a few versions ago.

I think the main problem is one of intent. I use Tapatalk to browse two or three forums that I like. Tapatalk thinks people are or want to use the app to find content and search forums that they may or may not be a part of. Sort of a social gathering of a bunch of forums. They may be correct, but it's not my use case for it so anything they do that takes away from the core browsing of a forum I already know about, or trying to "surface" content from other places, anything like that is essentially useless and just in the way.

17. CJ

Agree with Chris. The version prior to this big "social hub" version was perfect. Its a little better now but still not as good.

18. Dustin B

And I have no idea what you guys are taking about as the Android version hasn't changed since I first saw this post :p

19. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

It had on my tablet. I think :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

20. CJ

Not a huge shock. Android generally gets developer's sloppy seconds. Probably lucky the app is available on Android at all :p