Thank you members.

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by CJ, Jun 5, 2007.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

People are using the Amazon links. While I know many of you already order media and gadgets from them, I appreciate the extra effort of going through the banner here to help defray the costs of the forum.

Thank you,
    CJ

2. ArtieK

ArtieK New Member

I tried both links yesterday, and the top one brought me to the electronics section; I t yped music into the bottom one and it brought me to my Amazon "home page". Both links recognized me, there was no fooling around with signing in or anything. I made my usual haul and came back here. I buy all my software there already, and I'll see what other normal purchases I can make there, as I never really checked before. I'd urge everyone to do the same. Getting your goodies is nice enough, but it feels great knowing that every purchase helps keep this dive :mrgreen: open.

It's also a quick and easy way to pick up a MotWC dvd or something from What was Spinning :)

3. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

No prob, CJ! I'm a pretty heavy Amazon user anyway, so as long as I remember to come here first it's all good.

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

I make a lot of purchases from Amazon and would be happy to go there from here. However, I must be blind, because I can't see any Amazon banners.

5. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

Try forcing a page refresh maybe? There are banners at the top and bottom of the pages.

6. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Banners at the top and bottom. It is not always obvious that the top one is Amazon because of some other pictures that cycle through.

7. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

Dan,

Running Firefox with AdBlock maybe? I had to add an exception rule for HTL.

8. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Active Member War Zone Member

Yea, Adblock removes the banners. Right click the Adblock icon in the status bar and check "Disable on hometheaterlounge.com".

Pete

9. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Thanks, yes it was FF and Adblock. It didn't occur to me to check it because it didn't block the ads on HTT. :oops: