The Netflix Backlash: Why Hollywood Fears a Content Monopoly

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by CJ, May 22, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I actually am happy about this disruption. Kind of related to David's post about too many super hero movies, I think Hollywood could stand some discomfort. Netflix has snatched up some really solid shows that started elsewhere (e.g. Black Mirror) and is producing some great original content.

The Netflix Backlash: Why Hollywood Fears a Content Monopoly

Travis Ballstadt and DYohn like this.
  2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

What's that old saying: you can either lead, follow, or get out of the way? For probably the last 40 years Hollywood has needed a disruption. Netflix (and Amazon) are just what the doctor ordered, IMO.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

What's funny is statements like this from a related article:
    Netflix Slays the Sacred Cows of Cannes - So What Comes Next?
    So Hollywood is full of unaware hypocrites. We know this from decades of circle jerk awards shows. But this is especially funny:
    Sure... while we have a high profile lawsuit going on that may expose the accounting fuckery Hollywood has hidden behind to screw the actual creators out of money? OK. Maybe Netflix will offer a lower price but actually pay everyone.

4. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

And has always been...

CJ likes this.
  5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

JTDC, who acts like this (rhetorical)? I do this in meetings when I see someone's name from another dept if they've does something better than me.

CJ likes this.