1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

The Netflix Backlash: Why Hollywood Fears a Content Monopoly

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by CJ, May 22, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I actually am happy about this disruption. Kind of related to David's post about too many super hero movies, I think Hollywood could stand some discomfort. Netflix has snatched up some really solid shows that started elsewhere (e.g. Black Mirror) and is producing some great original content.

The Netflix Backlash: Why Hollywood Fears a Content Monopoly

Travis Ballstadt and DYohn like this.
  2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

What's that old saying: you can either lead, follow, or get out of the way? For probably the last 40 years Hollywood has needed a disruption. Netflix (and Amazon) are just what the doctor ordered, IMO.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

What's funny is statements like this from a related article:
    Netflix Slays the Sacred Cows of Cannes - So What Comes Next?
    So Hollywood is full of unaware hypocrites. We know this from decades of circle jerk awards shows. But this is especially funny:
    Sure... while we have a high profile lawsuit going on that may expose the accounting fuckery Hollywood has hidden behind to screw the actual creators out of money? OK. Maybe Netflix will offer a lower price but actually pay everyone.

4. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

And has always been...

CJ likes this.
  5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

JTDC, who acts like this (rhetorical)? I do this in meetings when I see someone's name from another dept if they've does something better than me.

CJ likes this.