1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

The Office

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Allen, May 11, 2007.

1. Allen

Allen New Member War Zone Member

I suppose only Alfer and I will comment regularly here, since that seemed to be the case in the "old thread".

"The Beach" was a pretty good spoof of "Survivor" - loved the sumo outfits. Stanley had a prominent part; his "about face", sucking up to Michael one second, and in the next breath, saying "I can't do this anymore" was funny.

Pam's speech, baring her soul after walking through the coals, was the emotional highlight of the episode.

Wonder if the job everyone is interviewing for in NY would even be a promotion for Michael, if they were willing to also entertain candidates like Jim & Karen for the position? (That detail seemed to be omitted in the call Michael took originally.)

2. NathanP

NathanP New Member

i'm gonna buy the episode on itunes now.. totally fogot to tape it!

3. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Hilarious episode! Loved the Michael/Stanley exchange...

"Well then Stanley you can sit in the back of the bus"
    "Excuse me!??"
    "....or the front of the bus..or you can drive the bus"

"WILMA!!"

:)

4. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Hey... I was semi-regular! This was a fun episode. I think it was good to see them all away from the office. I want to know what happened to Andy after Angela left him.

-EJ

5. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston New Member

Many good moments this week. I particularly liked the countdown for Michael to walk across the coals, "am I going on three or am I going on 'GO'?' I know that Jim is famous for the "faces" but the look when Pam said she canceled her wedding for him was priceless.

6. Allen

Sorry, EJ - didn't mean to slight any "semi-regulars". :wink: :)

Typical "juvenile Michael" - trying to decide who to recommend as his replacement to manage the Scranton branch on the basis of some silly games.

7. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I loved how half way through Pam's speech she's like "Wow, my feet REALLY hurt". And Dwight rolling on the coals... give me the job, give me the job!

8. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

The only reason I don't really comment in this thread is because I DVR the show and usually don't get around to watching it until Sunday. It's my favorite comedy on television though and I love quoting lines with my friends.

I love all the subtle things this show does. The guy from corporate who sounds just like Jan, Michael wearing his Sandals gear from his trip to Jamaica, Creed catching a fish with his bare hands and then a flash of him later with just the skeleton. lol

NBC has ordered a whopping THIRTY episodes for next season.

9. Allen

That is really great news.

It'll be 25 weeks, with 5 weeks having "double episodes" (2 half hours back-to-back), according to NBC's release.

10. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Yeah I'd say this is one of the best written and funniest (non-slap stick)comedies on TV right now IMO. Glad to see we'll get many more episodes.

Consistantly funny every week.

11. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Great season ender...lot's of funny stuff.

"I'll give you 50,000 Stanley nickels if you don't ever talk to me again"
    :)

I wonder if Karen is on her way out or will come back and be the wedge that keeps coming between the Pam/Jim relationship?

12. Tyson

Tyson New Member

I finally am getting a chance to see some episodes of this show as of today. Slow work/duty day with nothing to do so I think I've seen about 7 episodes over the last few hours.

I like the show. Definitely plenty of laugh out loud moments. It took me about 4 episodes to really get to know the characters and now it's just getting funnier and funnier. It's season 2 that I've been watching.

13. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Did any one see that Jenna Fisher was at a cast party in DownTown NY and fell down a flight of stairs and fractured 4 of her vertebrae. They are expecting a full recovery but she is evidently in pretty sad shape. :(

14. Allen

Yeah, I saw that - sounds really painful. She was doing some kind of promtion for NBC with the advertisers, which is why she was in NYC.

As some of us suspected (and it explained why Michael, at least, didn't know what position he was even interviewing for) - Jan's job was the one they were looking to fill in corporate.

15. Allen

And there actually IS a Creed blog:

http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/

Inquiring minds still want to know:
    Did Jim just leave Karen in NYC?
    Was Pam's note enough for Jim to sabotage his interview for the corporate job?
    Is there a cuter, more likable character on a TV series than Pam?
    (That last one I can answer: not as far as I'm concerned :wink: :) ).

16. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Yup...I think he flat out dumped her and left her to fend for herself..should be interesting to see if she makes it back next season to rip Jim a new one. :)

I bet Jim didn't give 100% at the interview

Yup Pam is a cutey for sure! :)

I like the final shot of Ryan being told he got the job and Kelley's rraction...hilarious..."We're done!"

17. Allen

Karen (Rashida Jones) has a new series being picked up by ABC, so they wrote this season-ender to allow her to be "written out", if necessary.

18. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

I finally got to watch the finale last night. Man it was great.

The Michael and Jan plot was hilarious... I knew he would cave but had no idea it would be because of her new assets!

Dwight being let loose as the new "sheriff" was a hoot. Schrute Bucks!

I'm very happy about the Jim - Pam - Karen triangle. Mostly due to the fact I've grown tired of it. I think Jim finally realized Karen was too selfish for him especially when he told her she didn't have to wait around for him (at the interview) and she already plans. I think the note from Pam really sealed the deal and showed that she was waiting for him. I loved that he just left Karen there and drove straight back to ask Pam out.

I honestly thought Karen would get the job. Awesome twist with Ryan scoring! My wife pointed out that it was foreshadowed when Michael tells Ryan to get him coffee and he replies, "I don't do that anymore." Ryan as Michael's boss should provide some fun for next season!

-EJ

19. NathanP

NathanP New Member

For some reason I thought that the ending was strange

20. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I thought the season end was great. I agree, Karen has been way to selfish but I started to feel like Pam was being just a little too...overpowering, probably too strong of a word but.. Karen really had no place on the show and I really do not feel that Andy adds very much either. I am curious if Oscar will be around for long after a recent comment he made about wanting to leave his partner and try women for a while while talking about moving away, maybe it was for the corporate position? I have been watching his other show Halfway Home on Comedy Central. While it is funny, I don't think I would leave The Office for it.

Anxious to see what happens with Michael and Karen and her new girls. It almost took me by suprise how much of a freak she turned out to be but I about lost it when she said she could work on their relationship full time and wear tights, so Peg Bundy. When he said his sold his condo for 80% on Ebay, well, that was priceless.

I thought the ending was perfect!