1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

The Protector Uncut

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by chad, May 9, 2007.

1. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member

So I picked up this dvd a few months ago. I really liked it the first time I watched it so I watched it again tonight. I was excited as the first time I watched it, it was just on a white wall in my now delvoping home theater room but I had a sample of HP hanging on the wall. I remember how much brighter it looked on that little sample, even my better half noticed.

Blow it up to 119" and it is almost unbearable to watch. I don't care if it was directors intent or not, the film grain, or dirt or whatever it was was insane and from time to time through most of the movie the corners of the screen seem way out of focus. I had a bad headache within minutes of the start, but, it went away as I got lost in the movie.

I had about 30 minutes of free time left, had to use the restroom so I grabbed the dvd case to see how much time was left. I started reading the back and noticed that the uncut version is on disc two and I was watching the theatrical for the second time. I'm sure I will watch this again within a few months but might do so quicker if the uncut offers anything different.

If you have not seen this, and you like martial arts movies check it out, it moves very quick and is pretty fun.

2. Graeme

Graeme Active Member War Zone Member

There is one specific fact that was cut out of the theatrical version that you may or may not have noticed on your own. My fiancee noticed, I didn't. :shock:

Graeme

3. chad

I will check it out one of these days. Is the uncut bloodier or have longer fights, although the movie was pretty much just one big fight.

4. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

I thought this was a thread on circumcision and condoms.

:lol: :lol:

5. chad

It is, did you not see the bit I posted

6. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

:lol: :lol: My first thought too!

7. Graeme

Chadci,

As far as fights, the uncut (basically the original Thai Theatrical Release) version has a longer bone breaker scene. Yes. Longer.

There are a few plot changes here and there, but the number one thing that is missing from the US release is one fact which is what I would call a major paradigm shift. I'll put it in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler -- highlight to read.
    <table bgcolor="black"><tr><td>Madame Rose, the leading female villain, is a transexual. Both in the plot, and in reality (i.e. the actress in the movie was born a man). And this is what my fiancee noticed but I didn't.</td></tr></table>

Graeme

8. chad

I guess I'm not suprised after the bath scene. Do you have to see "it" or is it verbal?

9. Graeme

Verbal. The actress who plays her is fully switched, so there is no "it" per se anymore anyway. :)

Graeme