The Punisher (Netflix)

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Barry_NJ, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Was perusing Netflix and saw this had dropped, let's see how it goes...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. Barry_NJ

This looks to be the best Marvel/Netflix yet!

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member War Zone Member

4 episodes in. Agreed.

Barry_NJ likes this.
  4. Barry_NJ

Yeah, I was right...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

5. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member War Zone Member

Really? I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

6. Barry_NJ

Well, it's definitely violent and graphic, so not for those who dislike that type of thing, but I finished the season on Sunday evening, and feel it's the best of the bunch.

P.S. Critics be damned... Marvel's The Punisher: Season 1 - Rotten Tomatoes

7. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

While intense with graphic violence, there's another story being addressed, and it is tragic. The focus on the "veteran/ptsd" aspect of the series is the strong point. No different than telling my friends who aren't familiar with The Walking Dead, focus on the characters, the Walkers are just background noise. While expecting more of what we saw during Season 2 of Daredevil, the Frank Castle arc is more fleshed out and his "Revenge Tour" persona, while present, is more of a secondary story line. The Supporting cast of characters IMO is what makes this season fantastic. I don't want to give any spoilers for those who have yet to watch the series, but the supporting cast really helps solidify the series. The "slow" dialogue-rich parts of the series, unlike The Iron Fist, kept my interest, for the conversations going on between Castle, and the supporting characters is very informative. Like many scripts being adapted to a modern time and point of view, those of us who have friends and relatives who were part of the Gulf War/Iraq and Afghanistan, this adaptation, particularly dealing with again, the supporting cast, peeps into the psyche of those having to deal with the horrors of war, plus approaching Home Life and how this affects each person differently.

It's now to the point where I started watching Season 2 of Daredevil again, so I'm definitely going to give The Punisher another go!!

Barry_NJ likes this.
  8. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

I'm excited to watch this, have to clear some of the old PVR off first though.

9. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Active Member War Zone Member

We absolutely loved it! Each episode seems to get better than the last, but the last 4 are intense (10-13) and the last 2 are just brutal.