1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

The Untouchables in High Def

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Steve Tannehill, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

Wow. Simply wow. I've not seen this movie look so good since seeing it in 70mm during the original theatrical run.

I've only had time to sample the Blu-ray disc, but I will take the time to watch and compare both Blu-ray and HD DVD.

In fact, I may do some of that tonight...who needs sleep on a work night? :)

- Steve

2. Pete Apruzzese

Pete Apruzzese New Member

Hope the HD DVD version is just as good, thanks for the advance preview.

Looking forward to seeing this one again, it's probably been 15 years since I watched it (never got the DVD versions).

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

Yes, the HD DVD version looks just as good so far...I am going to end up firing up the big rig on this one since the soundtrack is DD EX and DTS 6.1 ES.

This will be under $20 at Amazon--even in 1987 I spent more than that taking people out to see it!

Street date is July 3.

- Steve

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

That indeed was a great movie..I haven't watched it in years.

5. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Member

It's (HD DVD)on my short list to buy

6. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

Count me in as someone who never bought any of the DVD editions of this movie, one of my favorites from the entire decade of the 80's (I own the LD version). Your impressions give me great hope Steve, I'll be picking it up for sure!

-Dennis