1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Think you know cars? Well, can you Name this Car?

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Guest, May 22, 2007.

1. Car Lovers Unite!

Here is the deal with this thread.
    You post a pic of a car and then everyone else tries to guess the Make, Model and Year of it.
    Each day, the poster of the car puts up another hint to help us all.
    Whoever guesses correctly, gets to put up the next mystery car for the rest of us to guess.

I'll start the ball rolling.

2. Make Model and Year please?

[​IMG]

3. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

1956 Alfa Romeo? (That's just a guess)

4. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

Well it looks like an Aston Martin or an old Ferrari to me.

5. Jason, Nope, not an Alfa.

Max, one of those guesses could be right... but one of them needs more detail. :D

6. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

early 60s ferrari....probably a 250

7. Bingo! Ferrari 250GT.. which was the car featured in Ferris Buellar's Day Off. (actually, I think they used a replica in the movie?)

Good Job Michael!

Throw one up!

8. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Wish I could, but I can't host the pic to hide the name of what it actually is. Toss another one up for me.

I have to admit something of how I knew that car, I have had a Car and Driver daily calander for the last 12 yrs so I know a lot of cars. Plus growing up with a step-dad that rebuilt cars made me a bit of a car nut.

9. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

I actually owned one of these for a short time. Not this one, but exactly like this one:

cceb_12.JPG

10. Tyson

Tyson New Member

Well it's trying to look like a Deusenberg of old but I believe it is a kit car isn't it? If not then I really don't know what it is.

11. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

Not a kit, no, you buy them as you see. It is a custom, though.

I got rid of mine after reading that Sly Stallone owned one and said in an interview that he saw himself in a window reflection driving the car through downtown LA and thought, "What kind of pretentious asshole would drive something like that?" :lol:

12. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Excaliber, if memory serves.

13. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

Close enough. It's actually a Zimmer Golden Spirit, which is a first cousin to the Excalibur. The Zimmer is built on a Ford chassis (Lincoln Town Car, actually) and the Excalibur is built on a GM (Cadillac) chassis.

14. Randy... Congrats, throw one up!

David, wow... what an incredible car. Unless you have one of those tags hanging from the car in the image... where would you ever park one of those? :)

For folks like MM who find a car they'd like to post but without the file name, right click on the image, save it to your HD under another name like mysterycar.jpg and then upload that to one of the free image hosting sites which allows linking... like photobucket.

15. Randy Rhoton

I'll pass my turn on posting a car. Don't have a handy photo, or the skills to do it. Unless a link would be acceptable if I find one.

16. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Randy...to post the actual picture: find the image online, right click on the image, highlight and copy the url/address it shows you in the gray box, then come back here and click "Img"...paste the url/address, then click "Img" one more time and you're done.

17. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member

I say sure, link a pic.

18. Randy Rhoton

Making the attempt. If I can get it to work, I may have to go out for a drink![​IMG]

19. Randy Rhoton

HOLY SHIT! It worked!

20. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Congrats!

Cool car btw!