1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Think you know gear? Well, can you name this?

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by Guest, May 22, 2007.

1. I was looking through some of my old pics and couldn't help but smile when I saw some of the stuff I paid good money for in the past. Maybe, some of you did the same thing as me, or have pics of some esoteric stuff laying around and want to share them with us?

Anyway, here is how this thread works.

You post a pic of some piece of hardware, and then we try and guess what it is called and/or what it does.
    Each day, if not correctly guessed, you give out another hint.
    The correct guesser gets to post a pic of something, or they can pass on their turn to someone else.

I'll start the ball rolling.

2. I bought this thing and although I never used it, I tested it and it worked... and IIRC, I think I eventually sold it to some collector on Ebay for double what I paid for it.
    What is it?

[​IMG]

3. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Surround processor?

4. Alfer... yes, surround processor, but I need more detail to give you full credit. :)

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Sensurround??

6. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

That is an OLD parmount DPL processor with amps for the center and rears.

max

7. Bingo! Max is correct.
    (Did I sell this unit to you?) :oops: :mrgreen: