1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Tom Cruise flew a plane and then left the cockpit unmanned for a stunt

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by CJ, Jun 9, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I'm gobsmacked that there was no better way to film this... to the point I almost question the veracity of this story.
    The latest Tom Cruise stunt is insane even by Tom Cruise stunt standards

2. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member War Zone Member

Movie looks good too.

3. CJ

I agree, it actually looks kind of fun :)

4. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

Getting bad reviews for the most part, one I saw said it is a monster movie with no chills and an action movie without and thrills.

5. CJ

Are you talking about The Mummy? This is a different film.

6. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

Oops I thought it was something from the Mummy because there was some plane stuff in that.

7. CJ

No sweat... Just didn't want you thinking I thought The Mummy looked good :)

8. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

"Stunts" like that will get your pilot's license revoked.

9. CJ

The whole story still seems bizarre to me. Is TC uninsured? If he has insurance I'd have to imagine his carrier is like "yeah, no, fuck you, dropped..." Maybe its just bullshit for publicity.

DYohn likes this.
  10. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Active Member War Zone Member

Nah, he could be insured, but an incident due to this type of behavior would likely be uncovered ;)

11. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

There are situations where a sole pilot can leave the cockpit, if the plane has a autopilot. But I can't imagine the 'stunt' described fit any of those circumstances, if it's true. Possibly they have informed the FAA in advance and made special arrangements or received special authorizations? Possibly the plane was controlled remotely when Cruz was not in the cockpit or maybe the altitude was higher than implied in the article?