1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

"Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers" with "Joe Walsh"

Discussion in 'Music Lounge' started by Denton, May 8, 2017.

1. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member War Zone Member

I have had my 40th anniversary tour helping of Petty. I'm pleased to report that the band sounded good and Tom chose a number of odd ducks to play this time. But none of that is a surprise. What WAS a surprise was the Webb Sisters singing backup! You may recall them from fairly recent Leonard Cohen shows.

If I recall correctly, someone here felt ripped off after seeing Walsh in the last year or so. :( Not I, as Joe was serious and presented a solid, long set that included James Gang, Joe Walsh, and even Eagles' tunes. Joe Vitale was present on drums and keyboards. And Walsh had four backup singers. Good times.

Rumor has it that this may be the "last" Heartbreakers tour. I've gotten my share. TP_WPB.jpg

DYohn likes this.