Tony Soprano Fate Poll

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Steve Tannehill, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Does Tony Soprano...

1. Live

100.0%
  2. Die

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Go into witness protection

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Get arrested, go to jail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Keel over in his chair as an old man in Italy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. None of the above (please post your suggestion!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Let's see how you think Tony will end up...

2. Steve Tannehill

As William Hickey almost said in Prizzi's Honor... "He's got to go."

3. Greg W

Greg W New Member

Italy. Just to be perverse. :)

4. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

5. Tyson

Tyson New Member

I just have this feeling he's going to live. I'm also thinking that what becomes of him after that or 'how' he lives, will not even be revealed. I think witness protection is out for his character, even though this whole series has been somewhat about his guilt, anxiety, or whatever it actually is, from being a mafia member, and one might think that witness protection is the ultimate step for him to take. But bottom line he is also a stubborn SOB and he has lived and breathed the mafia life, whatever his misgivings, and I just can't see them writing his character off as a snitch, if you will. Sure as hell is going to be interesting to find out what exactly they do with his character. 3 1/2 days to go.

6. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Since a fed was the guy who tipped him off the las time, I'm betting he disappears and pops up and a dry cleaning store owner in some small Montana town.

7. Tyson

Tyson New Member

Yeah I've definitely been noting that Fed being around a lot this season. I think the writers are doing their best so that it's almost impossible to guess what is going to happen to T. There are plenty of other little things that one could argue against the Fed being the answer to his problems. The writing is so good on this show it'll be really sad to see it go.

8. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

I'm all over the map, so a few random thoughts on how it might end;

Tony doesn't die - too cliche, plus they whacked out enough people last week.

Tony rats out NY and goes into WITSEC as others have mentioned.

The whole "war" ends very quickly at the start of the next episode (Phil gets hit, but not by Tony but perhaps other NY guys like little Carmine), the rest of the episode is used to tie things up a little bit and ends with Tony yet again walking down to pick up a paper (same-ol same-ol type ending).

Some kind of terror incident takes place, which implicates Tony (his crew did business with them), AJ finds out about it and drives him deeper into depression (by truly knowing his father is a monster).

Janice does something and takes control of the family, or what little is left. She's been the one character over the years who is truly very selfish and self-centered, she has no problem manipulating anybody at anytime to get what she wants, and we know she's plenty capable of violence.

9. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

For some time I've thought AJ might go off the deep end, but I thought he might go psycho-killer, not depressed cry-baby.

I really like your third scenario, Andrew. Sounds like a plausible plot for the way this show has gone.

10. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

I'm liking it more and more as well, just because Chase has always said he's tried to keep the show semi-grounded, so having a big mega terrorist attack sounds a bit too far outside of the 'normal' scope of the show.

I suppose Tony could rat out NY, but Tony has always been fairly old-school in the past when it comes to being a government witness, I think Tony would up and vanish with his family (or perhaps even alone) before he turned to the FBI.

The Janice thing has some meat on it as well (no pun intended), she'll now have a house full of kids and no power over anybody and has to start at square one again.

Just having a major plot point fade out to nothing is pretty normal for the show, and having the same old repetition come back again, Tony fighting with his blood family, Tony having management issues with his mob family, etc would be normal as well. So I'd look out for some ducks and a morning paper fetching.

11. Tyson

Tyson New Member

I could live with an ending like that. In some strange way it would almost be in poor taste to kill off T., just so that a series could come to an end. I know that sounds pretty stupid, as if I'm sticking up for the bad guy or a bad guy, but T., or more like James Gandolfini's portrayal of him, is so larger than life that killing him off seems almost unthinkable. I would almost hate to see it, even though I realize what a bad buy he is and that he would deserve it, if only for his own past sins.

12. Graeme

Graeme Active Member War Zone Member

Meadow takes over. You heard it here first. :)

Graeme

13. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

Not only does Meadow take over, she redecorates Badda Bing with a more feminine touch. (It still operates as a strip joint, however.) Tony's office gets gutted and turned into a salon.

14. hgroff

hgroff New Member

Tony dies! thats my vote. Its over, no tony no show.......

15. Graeme

Nice! She renames it the "Badda Big Ding-A-Ling" :)

Graeme

16. Graeme

Seriously though, I say that for sure something is up with that new guy in Tony's crew. The guy played by the actor who was Bill Guarnere in BOB. Something is afoot.

Graeme

17. Chris White

Chris White New Member

Tony lives. HBO creates a spin-off centered around the colorful patients of Dr. Melfi.

18. Rick C

Rick C Member

This franchise can make big money in the future on the big screen. I believe if Tony dies that door is closed. He lives to fight another day.

19. Steve Tannehill

Alright, youse guys want Tone to live another day, either in or out of witness protection.

We'll see...in the next hour!!!!!

- Steve

20. Steve Tannehill

I guess there are three possibilities, all hinging on what the man at the counter was up to.

He either...

1) Simply went to the bathroom
    2) Came out with a gun to kill Tony
    3) Came out with a gun to arrest Tony

Don't stop believing...

- Steve