1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Toshiba HD-XA2 $546.88 at Amazon. No, $521.88. No, $510.88

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Steve Tannehill, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

The price of the Toshiba HD XA2 keeps going down. Like the Energizer Bunny, it keeps going, and going, and going... It was around $600 on Saturday, then it dropped to $546 on Sunday, and the price has continued to fall.

The price this morning is $510.88 shipped--the best price online I've seen. With Amazon Prime, overnight shipping is $3.99, so I should have this tomorrow.

As mentioned in another thread, I cashed in my spare change for Amazon Gift certificates and had enough to cover the XA2--now with plenty of room to spare.

The HD-D2 will either go to my father, or back to Costco for a refund. I'm still a fan of this machine, but when I can get the better player for no money out of pocket, I'm there.

- Steve

2. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

I am very close to picking up an HD-XA2!

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Just make sure to do it via Amazon ;) ;)

4. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

That would probably be the route. :D

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

6. Steve Tannehill

You snooze, you lose.

- Steve

7. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

8. Alfer

Alfer New Member

9. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Nope. Please check out the link.

EDIT:

10. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Now that's scary...."normal" customers pay the $699 price when ya look up the item...totally sucks for those who don't play around the forums.

http://www.valueelectronics.com/Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD player.htm

11. Steve Tannehill

Yep, Value Electronics is the way to go if you want the XA2--and you still get the 5-free movies from Toshiba.

- Steve

12. Steve Tannehill

Ah hah hahhah hahhhahhahha hahhaha haha

- Steve

13. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

OOOh, since we know normal = Alfer, I wonder if he's the only one getting that higher price?

14. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

I guess normal customers are those who don't follow the link. :roll:

15. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Curious...is the above "forum" link with the "specials" made available (on the site)to the 1000's of regular customers that go to their site or their showroom?

Somehow I don't think so.

16. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

I thought there were no "normal" customers for HD DVD?

Only us folks who hang out on AVS, HTL and HTF?

Isn't everyone else buying < $50 DVD players?

17. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

OMG how dare they offer multiple deals without consulting Alfer first?

Alfer now you are sounding plain foolish all one need to do is read their offer.

Max

18. Alfer

Alfer New Member

..and that's my point. Everyone touts how amazing the deal is..sure it's great prices, but why not just offer every customer this option..not just the "enthusiast" crowd for which most of them already own a player.

A member says you can get a player for "x" price....sure...ONLY if you belong to a forum and know to look for the deal. It's not available at the vendors site for those who don't utilize forums.

But hey, deals are deals, but in this case it's only available to a tiny niche of folks.

19. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

And yet....

http://www.broadcastnewsroom.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=149591

The facts continue to show that price drops spur more people buying into the new HD formats. Doesn't it suck that facts keep on getting in the way of your bold proclamations? :wink:

20. Michael

Michael Junior Geek