1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

"Total HD" discs from Warner coming this year

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Michael, May 25, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

A few notes on the "Total HD" solution. Basically they are flippers with HD DVD on one side and Blu-Ray on the other. The last discussion about them indicated that they would be dual layer HD DVD on one side and single layer Blu-Ray on the other.

Also notice that the article mentions MI:3. Either Paramount is also going to use the "Total HD" solution, or the story has a major error.

http://hdtvorg.co.uk/news/articles/2007051701.htm

2. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

And this will make the content more affordable and therefore increase demand? Not.

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Like the combo disc jokes I will not be buying any of these unless they are priced the same or less then their current BR's / HD-DVDs.

4. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair New Member

Cost savings from only producing and distributing a single SKU (in larger runs no less) instead of two might actually cover the increased production cost.

5. Shane

Shane Active Member

Unless they are priced competitively I will avoid them especially since they don't have a 50 gig BR solution.

More than likely I'll pass on them all together regardless of how cheap they are.

Also Paramount is really interested. Another studio that doesn't give a rats ass about HD video. Their discs are not high quality in the audio world. No lossless no sale.

Flags of our Fathers will likely be the last Paramount disc I get until they put their effort into the releases.