"Total HD" discs from Warner coming this year

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Michael, May 25, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

A few notes on the "Total HD" solution. Basically they are flippers with HD DVD on one side and Blu-Ray on the other. The last discussion about them indicated that they would be dual layer HD DVD on one side and single layer Blu-Ray on the other.

Also notice that the article mentions MI:3. Either Paramount is also going to use the "Total HD" solution, or the story has a major error.

http://hdtvorg.co.uk/news/articles/2007051701.htm

2. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

And this will make the content more affordable and therefore increase demand? Not.

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Like the combo disc jokes I will not be buying any of these unless they are priced the same or less then their current BR's / HD-DVDs.

4. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair New Member

Cost savings from only producing and distributing a single SKU (in larger runs no less) instead of two might actually cover the increased production cost.

5. Shane

Shane Active Member

Unless they are priced competitively I will avoid them especially since they don't have a 50 gig BR solution.

More than likely I'll pass on them all together regardless of how cheap they are.

Also Paramount is really interested. Another studio that doesn't give a rats ass about HD video. Their discs are not high quality in the audio world. No lossless no sale.

Flags of our Fathers will likely be the last Paramount disc I get until they put their effort into the releases.