Tough weekend...

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Mike B, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Well last weekend was really the tough one with fixing what seemed an endless progression of sprinkler head problems, so this weekend was all about comfort.

[​IMG]

It's good to have trees - :D This is a standard hammock with somewhat longer chains to span the length.

Also got a new pump and fixed the fountain for that soothing "babbling brook" sound.

[​IMG]

So, how does it work?

[​IMG]

Real good!

And wifey likes it too.

[​IMG]

Have fun!

:D

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I want to get a hammock. We have one that goes on a stand but I wish I could come up with a place to hang one so I don't have to move it every week for the lawn guy. What's the standard span you need?

3. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

"lawn guy"?

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

The guy who mows my lawn.

5. Mike B

This one is 13 feet ring to ring. Add 1-2 feet for chains and you have 16 feet as about the minimum. This one is over a 20 foot span, so there is probably no maximum, although you have to put the eye bolts higher so the droop is right.

I had one of the "rope" models earlier and I can tell you that the fabric models are more comfortable as the ropes do not dig into your skin. This one is vinyl covered fabric, so it is weather resistant and dries quick.

I used S hooks too, so it puts up and takes down quick. A hundred bucks on sale and worth every penny - :D

6. chad

chad Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I have always wanted one but I am always too busy laying on the couch to do anything about it.

7. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

That sounds like a tough weekend. I'm sorry you had to go through that Mike. :lol: Tomorrow is another day.

8. Mike B

[​IMG]

A fitting end to a glorious weekend. The last of the FL lobster tails.

I have signed up for the 5th & 6th of July, and will be ordering up more fish :D

Also had a lotta fun with cocktails...my own version of the "Bloody Maria" about 2-3:1 V8 juice/tequila, dash of tabasco, lee & perrins, white & black pepper.

Life is good - :D