1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Transformers - New Trailer (this rocks!)

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by E Jones, May 17, 2007.

1. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Ok. I really wasn't to hip on this film until I just viewed this new trailer.

The 14 yr. old in me just wet his pants! Yes it's Michael Bay, Yes it's based on a toy, still looks pretty darn cool!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html

-EJ

2. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

4. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I'm gonna say it, this moive is going to flat out fucking rock.

5. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Oh...my!

JL

6. Eric

Eric Active Member

Well, if you'll excuse me, I have to...ummm.....go to the bathroom and take care of something.

7. Shane

Shane Active Member

As long as they don't drag down the story with the love interest aspect, it should be a blast. Bay needs a hit like no other director because his reputation has taken a tumble.

8. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Looks like a wild ride indeed...hope it doesn't turn out to be a turd like Armageddon(sp) or something like "Starship Troopers"...in that it's full of horrid cardboard acting and cheesy dialogue...then again, it is a movie about toys. :)

9. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

yeah, I saw the trailer at the theater when I went to see spyderman 3. It looks like a really loud movie

10. Shane

Shane Active Member

Alfer,
    I expect lots of cheesy dialogue and b grade acting. Transformers is what it is.

11. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

My God. That was smoking. The thought of Bumblebee sitting in the back of a pickup rolling through traffic ripping rounds while a hot chick drives is incredible. Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

12. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

:shock: Wow! Sales of classic camaros will go through the roof!

13. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

The geek in me is excited. :D

14. Tyson

Tyson New Member

I was 15 when the original series started and was never much into animated shows, but this movie does look like a lot of fun.

I agree that Bay could use a hit. His latest was The Hitcher. What a piece of crap that was. The original was miles ahead of it, if only for Rutger Hauer's performance as the serial killer.

15. Alfer

Alfer New Member

SO true...Rutger did an awesome job in that flick...great movie.

16. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

I just watched the trailer again...this movie is going to be soooo amazing! Can't wait!

JL

17. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Actually Bay was only a producer on the Hitcher remake. It was directed by someone else. Not a Bay film. His last was "The Island" which I actually quite enjoyed.

-EJ

18. Tyson

Tyson New Member

I just meant it had that Bay 'stamp' if you will. But you are correct, sir. :)

19. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Bay is still the anti-christ, but sweet jesus that was smoking!

20. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus Active Member

<admission> i liked armegeddon.

that and what ive seen of this. yah, ill be venturing out to an actual theater 7.4.07. (i see a movie in a theater like once a year...)