1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Twin Peaks returns from a 25 yr hiatus to Showtime starting in 2016

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Shane, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Shane

Shane Active Member

2. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Noooooooooooooo!

3. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

They have a whole new generation to confuse...

4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

Did anyone watch after the reveal who/what killed Laura Palmer?

5. Shane

Shane Active Member

David Lynch has left the project. He's no longer involved.

6. Randy Rhoton

Well whoever is in charge, they are actually doing it. I just drove past their film crew set up in the transmission repair shop outside of town here.

7. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

Watched (suffered through) both premiere episodes on Showtime. If you are annoyed by lack or clarity, lack of exposition, making huge plot assumptions and lack of forward motion in films, then this will drive you batshit. Ii had a few really good moments (and a few "cool, I remember that" scenes) so I can see promise and will watch the next episode but man oh man this thing is sooo slooow it was like waiting for spring in November.

8. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Watched the latest episode Sunday, and WTF!!! It was so droning and incoherent I almost stopped watching. Regrettably, I stuck with it.

9. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

I am done with this one.

10. Drew

Drew Active Member War Zone Member

Is the original worth watching?

11. Randy Rhoton

Drew, no.

12. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Hate to disagree Randy, but the original was quirky and fun. The characters were pretty well developed, and other than a few totally obtuse episodes, it was entertaining.

The only scene that provoked a chuckle last Sunday was when the sheriff put the sign on his office door. It was a picture of a doughnut with DISTURB under it. Funny.

13. Randy Rhoton

Ah, disagree we will. I thought it was stupid and idiotic. Also incomprehensible. And I watched it all the way till it ended. Which thankfully it did.
    But maybe I'm biased because I was an extra in the pilot movie in the Double R diner scenes and never once saw myself on screen. Yeah, sure that's the reason. :rolleyes: