1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune(PS3)

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Shane, May 12, 2007.

1. Shane

Shane Active Member

2. Eric

Eric Active Member

Looks interesting. I've always had fun with the Tomb Raider series.

Most of the video in the trailer looks like pre-rendered stuff. Hopefully the real-time rendering will look as good.

3. Eric

Eric Active Member

Looks interesting. I've always had fun with the Tomb Raider series.

Most of the video in the trailer looks like pre-rendered stuff. Hopefully the real-time rendering will look as good.

4. brianca

brianca New Member

They claim that much of that is in game footage.

5. Eric

Eric Active Member

A ton of it looks like it would be very difficult to control the character. It would be very confusing due to the camera angles used.

6. Shane

Shane Active Member

If they don't let you control the camera(via the right stick), It would be a crime.

7. Shane

Shane Active Member

I've finally had my chance to sit down and play this extensively. This is easily one of the best games this year period and definitely a top PS3 title. The demo only showed us the shoot em up aspects and didn't show much of the puzzle solving, humor, and the Indiana Jones platforming elements that are very abundant.

In a achievement style way, if you find the treasures or accomplish certain things like x # of headshots, you get unlocks for anything from weapons or abilities to videos of how they made the game and the people/art direction behind it.

This is a blast to play. If you have a PS3, you must own it. It's spectacular.

8. Eric

Eric Active Member

I agree. I bought it shortly after it was released. Played through on normal difficulty once. I've been going back off and on since then. It is a ton of fun and reminds me quite a bit of the Tomb Raider series.

9. Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell New Member

I started playing this game this morning and have to admit it is the best
    PS3 title so far.
    I wouldn't call it the best game this year though.
    Bioshock for the 360 takes that spot..;)

10. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

How about Ratchet and Clank? The demo is insanely fun and I'm strongly considering picking it up- now I have another title to research before pulling the trigger. Of course once my copy of COD4 for the 360 gets here, all bets are off with any other games. :D

-Dennis

11. Shane

Shane Active Member

Dennis,
    I haven't played the full game of R&C yet. By all accounts, it's a winner.
    Neither would I. That's why I said "One of" :) Bioshock is the best game of the year IMHO as well. I haven't played COD4, AC or Mass Effect or Mario but I'm pretty confident that nothing else comes close to Bioshock.

The only real knocks I have about Drakes are related to combat and the camera. Certain activities lock the camera. After a few levels, you'll know what I mean. It's very minor.

Regarding Combat, it's not very deep. You punch, you shoot, you throw grenades. I wish they added more combat moves.

12. Jamie_H

Jamie_H New Member

This is my only game so far for my PS3, and I love it. I think I am at level 13 or so, titled, the Sanctuary?

13. Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell New Member

Understood and Agreed!
    It's really great to see these great games coming out.
    I haven't played any gaming machine as much as I have played
    them this fall.

As for Combat. Is it as good as the Original combat for the Atari 2600!!;)
    Now that was a classic.

14. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

My daughter and I just made it to level 3, this game is awesome. It's my only PS3 game so far but I am hooked. I have it projected on my 7' screen in my HT with all channels running. It looks and sounds fantastic.

15. brianca

brianca New Member

It gets better too. ;)

16. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I finishd the first 3 levels last night.. Wow, what a fun ride! I was a bit bummed that I could not drive the jeep, that was one of the things I loved about the Tomb Raider games. I agree with Shane, it stinks when the camera gets locked, there was one time when I was going along the ledges trying to get into the U-Boat and that would have come in handy.

Anybody know how many levels are in the game? Also, how many treasures should I have at this point? I think I only have 3 which would make sense if it is one per level, however I think there are 60 treasures... I have a feeling there are not 60 levels.

17. chad

Ok, picked it back up a few days ago. I have been trying to split my game time between Drake, Burnout Paradise and R6 Vegas. I think I am around the half way point, maybe a little past. I got the jet ski thing last night.. wow.. it's flipping slow! I have had to go back and restart that portion a few times. It'a hard to take cover and drive at the same time, plus, you can't shoot and drive at the same time, so, that sucks!

Other than that, the game is fun. It is making me want to go back and play Tomb Raider again. I will probably just do TR2 as it was my favorite. I have been looking at Amazon to see what they have.

18. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Too bad you don't have a 360, you could play Tomb Raider Legend. Best game in the series I think.

Tomb Raider Underworld is coming out for 360 and PS3 though. It's looking gorgeous.

19. chad

The thought of getting a 360 has crossed my mind more than once..

20. Shane

Shane Active Member

Chad,
    I just carefully went thru those levels. It was much easier than trying to drive and shoot. It was tedious and slow but safe and I got thru without a hitch.

Personally I found this game better than Tomb Raider.