Universal's Rumored HDDVD's for 07

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Shane, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Shane

Shane Active Member

From the digital bits:

8/7 - Hot Fuzz

8/14 - Erin Brockovich, Meet the Fockers, Mercury Rising, What Dreams May Come

8/28 - Dawn of the Dead (2004), Heroes: The Complete First Season, The Hurricane, Notting Hill

9/18 - Battlestar Galactica: The Complete First Season, Elizabeth, For the Love of the Game, The Last Starfighter, Legend

9/25 - Cat People, Evening, The Getaway, Knocked Up, Patch Adams

10/9 - Strangers, Seed of Chucky

10/23 - Inside Man, Carlito's Way, Carlito's Way: Rise to Power, White Noise

10/30 - Talk to Me

11/6 - Evan Almighty, About a Boy, Weird Science

11/13 - Pride and Prejudice

11/20 - I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Tremors, Family Man

12/11 - The Bourne Ultimatum, Mr. Bean's Holiday, The River Wild, Timecop

12/18 - Eastern Promises

12/26 - The Kingdom, Balls of Fury, American Pie: Unrated, Mobsters, Undercover Brother

2. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Nice! I see a few good rentals and one definite (and I am sure expensive) purchase in there!

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I missed Hot Fuzz in theaters. LOVED LOVED LOVED Sean of the Dead so I'll definitely be looking at the HD-DVD.

4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Patch Adams, hold me back.

OK, there are some good ones there, but that one is just crap...

- Steve

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Thread crapper!!

:wink: :D

6. Shane

Shane Active Member

The list is pretty underwhelming for me. It doesn't bode well if the major player in your format has a weak list. Let's hope that Universal has some tricks up their sleeves because based on that list alone, EEK.

An interesting one is Timecop which was never released on DVD in widescreen.

7. Steve Tannehill

Coming from our resident expert in the topic, I'll take that as a compliment.

- Steve

8. Steve Tannehill

My purchase list:

8/7 - Hot Fuzz - most definitely
    8/14 - Erin Brockovich - maybe
    8/28 - Heroes: The Complete First Season
    9/18 - Battlestar Galactica: The Complete First Season, The Last Starfighter, Legend - all maybes
    9/25 - Knocked Up
    11/6 - Evan Almighty, About a Boy
    11/13 - Pride and Prejudice-gotta get something for the lady friends to watch
    12/11 - The Bourne Ultimatum
    12/18 - Eastern Promises - blind buy, given how I liked History of Violence

9. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Steve:

9/25 - Knocked Up --Good choice!

11/6 - Evan Almighty-- Hmmm..maybe not such a good choice...previews for this look horrible

10. Steve Tannehill

It's a blind buy, I kinda liked Bruce Almighty, and Steve Carell is also one funny dude.

But I'll be looking for sale prices and that Amazon 10 percent discount. Same for everything else.

- Steve

11. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Steve is indeed one of the funniest guys around these days but I just found zero appeal in this lame-o looking version...heck watching the trailers, ya pretty much get to see the whole movie. :(

12. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

BSG and Heroes alone is enough to make that a killer list. Especially Battlestar Galactica. That is one that would have got me to plunk down $250 for a player if I did not already have one.

13. Shane

Shane Active Member

These were already well known. It's the other releases past BSG that is generating the purpose behind this thread. That list is pretty anemic if you ask me in terms of quality releases. In order to gain more market share they need more than just a couple of a rentals and maybe a buy. Universal's problem is their best titles are not under their control. Spielberg really has them by the balls.