1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

US PS3 may soon get the 80 GB drive found in the Korean one

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Eric, May 23, 2007.

1. Eric

Eric Active Member

Not that I think it'll really help in their battle for dominance....

Link

2. Shane

Shane Active Member

Given the manual tells you how to put in a new HDD of your choice and how to make an external drive work, I don't see why Sony really should worry about putting out a bigger drive.

3. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Exactly, it's an open platform. You could run a monster drive. Incidentally:

Link to Article

[​IMG]

Looks like the 360 is finally moving ahead of the PS2.

4. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

With the imminent release of Halo 3 and some of the other AAA quality games over the next few months, the 360 is going to have a monster year.

I think the monthly sales may even catch the Wii during the holidays.

5. Shane

Shane Active Member

With AAA titles coming for all platforms, I think the video game market will be flourishing.

I would prefer we not hijack a PS3 thread into a "praise 360 thread".

6. Eric

Eric Active Member

Agreed, unless it's for marketing reasons. In which case, they should go larger than the 120 GB drive coming in the 360 elite. Either way, the 80 GB is a non-issue for me. I'm just sitting back enjoying BD movies and waiting on some game titles that intrigue me.

7. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

More importantly, it looks like the PS3 is getting a firmware update where it can upconvert DVDs.

I don't have the details on whether it works over component, but I am sure it will handle it over HDMI. A cool bonus for those using their PS3s for movie playback.

8. Ken McDaniel

Like how I snuck that in there did ya? :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm going off to cash my secret checks from MS in the form of XBL points.

9. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

10. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I also am not trying to turn this into a pro 360 thread, I don't even own one, but think the 800lb gorilla is LIVE. That's still a huge question mark for Sony, yes? I know Wii doesn't have much either but I think people expected that with the price tag. I wonder how people who paid $1800 for a PS3 are feeling right now? I paid about $50-$75 over retail for my Wii and feel fine about it.

11. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Probably pretty stupid.

Unless they have received 7 months of gaming bliss from Resistance, then they probably realize they made a big mistake.

12. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

Probably the same as everybody else who had at one time paid a huge premium on a product when it wasn't in the long run worth that premium.

800lb gorilla? Maybe not quite that important, but it's a BIG plus to have, and it's something Sony won't catch up with for quite some time, MS may not be the greatest company around, but they do have quite a bit more experience in the "online world" than Sony does.

Sony is bringing out Home, which looks cool, but I'd bet it's going to be more gimicky than substance.

13. Ken McDaniel

Do we have an emoticon with a dude hitting the nail on the head?