1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Van Helsing HD

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Jack, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I like this film, its fun and full of cool looking stuff made all the better on HD DVD.
    The clarity of the movie is apparent, but what comes out even more now is the colors, and of course the awesome soundtrack. Whoa !!
    The scenes in the revival chamber with sparks flying and colorful electrical shock waves going all about is jaw dropping.
    Good stuff.

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I've been on the fence with picking this one up. I have the SD which is pretty painful to watch. Looks like I'll have to upgrade.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

HD won't make this any less painful to watch...

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Thread crapper! Why bring negativity to a thread where people obviously enjoy this movie....??

:wink:

5. CJ

Everything in moderation my friend.

6. Eric

Eric Active Member

I was thinking the same exact thing.

7. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Gotcha... :)

Oh and I agree...even though I SORTA enjoyed the movie at the theater..I don't think I'd have the patience to sit through it again.

8. CJ

I have the uber edition DVD that came with the old 30s horror flix (dracula, frankenstein, wolfman) as special features but I don't know that I would watch it again and I wouldn't buy it if I did.

9. John F

John F Active Member War Zone Member

This is a movie that grew on me. The first time I watched it, I thought "what a dud!". But after the 2nd viewing, I really enjoy it.

-John

P.S.

CJ and Alfer, get a friggin room! :)

10. Alfer

Alfer New Member

:lol: :lol:

Nah....I don't wanna break up the already happy couple..(Larry/CJ)

:)

11. Chris White

Chris White New Member

I can see where HD might help. :)

258762.jpg

12. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I don't recall seein to much exposed skin in this flick....mainly all covered up like that pic shows...:(

:)

13. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Like many, this is a film that you with like or dont. Not much in between. I like action fantasies and this is one of those.
    Naw no nudity but for some reason she does wear heels throughout the film. I guess it helps her run faster.

There are some nude evil vampire chicks that are build more like Ken than Barbie but what the heck.

I really like when the baby vampires explode everywhere. Who is gonna clean all that up ?? Not Dracula. Some very bad parenting in this film. :wink:

14. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

One of the true cinematic masterpieces of modern times.

:) :)

15. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Now I know Peter absolutely can not stand this movie but like some of those here I find myself oddly drawn in and found myself very much enjoying this modern Universal Horror Movie. Franky, Drac, The Wolf man and even a little taste of Mr Hyde.

Was it the best written movie ever? No but somehow it took me back to the old B&Ws from Creature Feature and I liked it.

Max

16. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

It was entertaining enough that I didn't turn it off, but that's about the biggest compliment I can give it.

17. Tyson

Tyson New Member

I'd have to agree, but if I ever upgrade to HD I'll be picking this one up, as my wife likes the movie a lot.

18. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

I pretty much couldn't stand this movie, and I generally like the popcorn stuff. Unfortunately it's one of my wife's favorite movies. :)

19. Karl Englebright

Karl Englebright New Member

Funny, I just finished watching this stinker last night. I only agreed to watch it again because it was HD... :) My wife will watch anything with Hugh Jackman in it. Great HD transfer, though. Still didn't fix the awful script/accents.

20. Shane

Shane Active Member

I agree. I think the only reason people watch this film and the others like it(Underworld) is because of Kate. Personally she does nothing for me.