VigLink??

Discussion in 'Forum Software Tips and Tricks' started by Pete Mazz, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Active Member War Zone Member

I started seeing this stuff show up in posts. A link is generated for certain keywords I guess. In Mike's cable lifter thread I've seen several. If I hover the mouse over them, Link added by Viglink pops up. This is on FireFox. Is it just me?

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Viglink has been in place for over a year. I'm surprised you haven't noticed. It generates some keyword links and provides about $20 a month worth of revenue. I think I turned it on when I had to go to a virtual private host which increased hosting costs by about 5-6x.

3. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Active Member War Zone Member

Got it. Just wanted to make sure something hadn't snuck onto my system.

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

No problem. I did informally poll at the time to see if anyone was annoyed by the link insertion because I can turn that part off and it will only "re-write" links actually posted by humans to include my affiliate info. It broadened my base from just Amazon. E.g. if you posted a link to a computer power supply at New Egg, it would redo that link so I would get some pennies from New Egg. Or it could take words I type and make them into various links and get pennies for that. For example, when I post this, it might turn the New Egg references into links. I haven't included any links while I'm typing this.

5. JoeM

JoeM Active Member

You might need to type in Newegg instead of New Egg. Let's see what happens here...

6. JoeM

JoeM Active Member

Yup. The link didn't show up immediately when my post was completed and displayed. But after a refresh it was there.