1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Wacky Jack strikes again.

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Drew, May 23, 2007.

1. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

http://games.slashdot.org/games/07/05/23/2146236.shtml

http://www.gamealmighty.com/story-individual/story/Jack_Thompson_Lays_His_Legal_Sites_on_Halo_3/

I hate this douche bag.

2. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

Yeah that guy just gets more and more out there - this is like making breweries responsible for making sure their beer is not sold to underage kids or auto manufacturers being responsible for making sure their cars are not driven by people without a driver's license.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I'd be curious what he did to best buy. I doubt it was anything. I'd like to see him go up against Wal-Mart next :D

4. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Hey, the game is rated M for Mature, that means no one under 17 can purchase the game. MS did their job obtaining the proper rating. Once the games go to the distributors, it's out of MS's hands. Game over. What an idiot.

5. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Agreed. He's pissing into the wind.

6. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

I think what a large amount of people fail to understand is that at the point of retail sale, the producer and distributor have already been paid and technically the games are owned by the retailer.

7. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Eh, he may be crazy, but he's not stupid. Part of this may just be an awareness campaign. SOME parents will probably not buy this game because of this. I'm guessing some parents still don't know that games even have ratings or they might be aware that they're not buying their kid GTA but have no clue that any other game out there might also be rated M. On the other hand this is free publicity for the game too.