1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Waitress

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Sean80, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Sean80

Sean80 New Member

This was a fantastic movie. Every performance in this movie was amazing, especially Andy Griffith. I have a feeling he may be up for an Oscar next year. Nathan Fillion was more or less the same as everything else he's in but that's perfectly fine by me. Jeremy Sisto was awesome as the insecure asshole husband. This movie also shared some similiarties with Knocked Up although the birth scene is definitely QUITE a bit different. I'm not to familiar with Adrienne Shelley's other work was but this has given me an interest to check it out. This movie is definitely one I highly recommend.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Active Member

I can recommend her first two films, The Unbelievable Truth and Trust. She handled director Hal Hartley's unique dead-pan writing style really well. I'm looking forward to seeing Waitress.

3. stephenj

stephenj Active Member

Like you, i liked this movie quite a bit - though not quite as much as you did. I found it to be a cute, funny, enjoyable film with fine performances - and the pies looked delicious!

But nothing oscar-worthy.

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

My wife and I watched this and both really liked it. I agree its not oscar caliber material, but its very good. I think the movie benefited greatly from not casting overexposed hollywood stars. I think if this movie stars Angelina or Jennifer Anniston, etc. it looses a lot of charm and appeal.

5. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

It's on my list to see just because of Nathan Fillion. Happy to see the good reviews here!

6. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

good film...in the spirit of Fried Green Tomatoes & Spitfire Grill
    among many others. This one shines with the quirky characters.

7. Add me to the list of those who enjoyed this film with its nice little touch of irony.

8. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Just finished watching this film. I really enjoyed it. I'm craving a slice of pie now.

Also, I just read on IMDB that the writer/director/actress for this movie, Adrienne Shelly was murdered while working on the film. That's definitely a downer.

9. Wow, I didn't know that. After looking into it I saw that she was murdered in November of last year. What a terrible shame. She was quite talented, not only as a writer and director, but also as an actress.