1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Weather

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by DYohn, Mar 13, 2016.

1. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Sitting in the Phoenix airport waiting for a flight to Albany NY. Thinking I hope I brought along warm enough clothing.

2. GHilinski

GHilinski Active Member War Zone Member

In the 50's here with rain tomorrow. No worries.

3. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

Cool. Thank you.

4. Shane

Shane Active Member

I always check the iPhone weather app for the destination of the week so I know how to pack. I have a killer thin jacket that is good to 30F so anything below, I know to pack my winter coat.

5. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

6. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

107F yesterday, 95F today, 76F tomorrow. Arizona in the spring. :)

7. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

We've not broken 100° yet this year, rarely do but it's been warm. This week has been quite pleasant though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Been an unusually chilly spring in DFW. Weird because first it was a warm winter and everything bloomed early. It won't survive mid-May though. Opposite of GOT--"Summer is coming".

9. DustinDavis

I use the term chilly loosely, BTW. Highs in the 70s...brr.

10. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

We had a few hot ones this week, 3 days over 90, peak at 92. Now at 67

11. Randy Rhoton

And after the longest wettest winter on record up here, we got a record breaking summer. Rain last night broke a 55 day streak of hot and dry, with 15 days above 80. And quite a few above 90. Prior dry streak was 51 days set in 1951.

12. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

We had a hot summer this year payback for a string of milds I guess. Now back to normal, 90's daytime and low 60's night. That works well as I run the attic fan all night and don't need AC until late afternoon. When it's 85 at midnight, it's not gonna be good day.

13. Randy Rhoton

Finally some actual rain tonight. And as of today another record broken, 72 days at or above 70 deg. for the days high temp. Previous record was 62 days. But only hit 68 deg. today so that streak ends. Now if some of the rain will only get over to the fires.

14. DustinDavis

Hold on, 72 days above 70 degrees? Where are you, Antarctica? 2011 had 70 days above 100 degrees in good old DFW.

15. Randy Rhoton

Reason enough for me to never live there. ;) But this summer a lot of that was in the upper 80's and low 90's. Way above normal for around here. ( Western Washington)
    Oh, and I've been to Antarctica. I know the difference. :)

DustinDavis likes this.