1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Well yesterday after listening to Matt about his new Panason

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Max Yokell, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

So after listening to Matt talk about his Panasonic player, and the questions about audio formats I go over to Best Buy and figure I am going to go with a Panasonic because I like the 5 movie deal and Now I know they are out.

So what do I find....

They don't carry the new Panasonic player in this store, they check other area stores and turns out they don't carry it in this region. They will however sell me the old model Panasonic without the 5 movies for over $1000. :roll:

OK so now I am frustrated but damn I did decide to get a blu-ray player so next up on my list I go over and am going to buy a PS3 and after never seeing this store without a PS3 for sale, they are sold out. :roll:

You know what maybe I just wasn't supposed to buy yet.

Max

2. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

Sorry Max, that's how my luck usually runs too.

3. Alfer

Alfer New Member

It's the DVD Gods sending you a sign...

:)

4. Shane

Shane Active Member

There are other places than Best Buy right? ;)

5. Max Yokell

I tried Circuit City and Sound Advice and no joy.

Max

6. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

target for the ps3

7. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Have you tried Costco or Target?

I go to those stores fairly often and they usually have stacks of PS3s.

8. Alfer

Alfer New Member

9. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

I ordered a Toshiba HD-DVD player and a few days after it arrived I decided to go with Blu-Ray instead, due to the Blockbuster announcement. I returned the Toshiba and immediately ordered the Sony model that David has, only to be informed that it is back-ordered. Oh well...

10. Matt Johnson

Matt Johnson New Member

I just checked on line and all our best buy's are out also...didn't realize I was lucky to get one.

BTW...I'll be sure to watch a Blu Ray movie in your honor tonight....BWAAAHHHAAAHA...:)

11. Max Yokell

Well I kind of wanted the Pany just to have that real component look too it but I am finding many net places to be sold out as well. I really like the idea of getting POTC 1&2 as well as transporter and FF what was the other movie?

Max

12. Matt Johnson

Matt Johnson New Member

Crash...if you don't get it let me know and I'll trade you something for it (I saw it once and I liked it)