1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

What was the last film where you walked out of the theater?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by CJ, May 8, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I never have. I think I've gone on record as being oddly stubborn about finishing books and movies. I've never walked out of the theater on a movie. How about you?

2. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

The Beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Wasn't the book pretty good and so people were really disappointed or am I remembering incorrectly?

Were you offended or just meh?

5. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Both. I thought the story was boring and going no where fast and then the anti-Native plot line turned me off big time. Cool animation but that was it for me.

6. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

After I had seen Star Wars about four times, I took my father. He made us leave about 1/3 of the way through because it was just too loud for him. He wasn't much of a movie person.

7. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Can't recall names....
    but yeah I'll walk out and into another theater.
    at home I have often put it on fast forward. Skimming.

readin, I'll skim chapters and go to the end....
    or just return it to the library.

8. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I believe so. We gave it 30 minutes and walked out. The ticket kid said something like "leaving so soon?" We said yeah the movie sucks. He said we could watch something else and directed us to a theater where a movie was about to start. Pretty sure it was Skulls which wasn't great but, we watched it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Kevin

Kevin Active Member War Zone Member

The only movie I ever walked out of was the China Syndrome[I just didn't understand what the story of the movie was]

10. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

I don't think I ever have. But that could also be a function of frequency. Pretty selective so I'm generally not taking chances on it being a crap movie.

11. I know I walked out of United 93, and I know I've walked out of something since, but it must've been really terrible because I can't even remember what it was.

12. Never walked out of a theater, but I have turned a few movies off at home, although not many.

13. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Never walked out of one with one exception. When Monty Python's 'Life of Brian' was in the theater (and even though a comedy it had content some considered controversial), there was a bomb threat and we had to evacuate until they cleared us to go back in.