1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Where does everyone buy their media?

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Eric, May 9, 2007.

1. Eric

Eric Active Member

I'm a BD person...just figured I'd get that out of the way.

Anyway, I don't have a decent local source for BD movies. The local Circuit Shitty is slowly improving, but that's about it. Target and Wally World have a few titles, but not many. So where's everyone getting their movies?

Amazon?

2. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

Wallyworld is your friend!

3. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

Amazon, almost exclusively. Especially as part of their Prime membership, prices are usually right around the cheapest, they always have it and I don't ever have to leave my house :)

4. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Amazon or the WB store (gotta love coupons).

5. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

I usually shop for HD titles at Amazon, however I will look around at the local Best Buy and most recently, took advantage of the WB Home Video coupons.

I have a Circuit City near me, but I can't stand them! They have horiible customer service, the store is laid out poorly, the seem to either sell out of hide new releases (both SD and HD DVD)

I have stoppped shopping there for the above reasons.

6. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

Within 2 blocks of where I work I have a Best Buy and a Circuit City. I hit BB every Tuesday morning and if they don't have everything I want I head to CC. Lately BB has been really bad about getting all the new releases, CC has been slightly better. Yesterday I was only able to get 2 of the 4 discs I wanted. Neither had Donnie Brasco, but one had Catch and Release and the other had Dirty Dancing. So I ordered DB from Amazon. I know Amazon is usually the cheapest but I like going to the store to get what I want and looking at other stuff while I'm there. Hopefully, the B&M's get a bit better at stocking the ones I want.

7. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

"previously enjoyed" from Blockbuster a lot...currently have a sale...two PV's for $20 on DVD's

Example: My buddy bought Blood Diamond ($16.99) and Eragon ($14.99) for $20 last week.

Jason

8. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

On Blu-Ray?

9. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Amazon for the most part, BB or CC sometimes, even picked up a few at Target.

10. stephenj

stephenj Active Member

I haven't bought an HD-DVD anywhere but amazon (USED) for a year now. Best prices.

11. Shane

Shane Active Member

Jason posted in the wrong topic. This is an HD media area :)

For me it varies:

Here is where I'm buying HD media
    Used DVD shops - $12-$18
    Circuit City - Varies $19-$29

Best Buy is more expensive than Circuit so I tend to avoid it.

Our local Walmarts(3 of them now) carry, Blu Ray and HD. They each have around 20 titles and adding more as each week progresses.

12. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Sorry...my bad...was scanning subject quickly while I waited for a report to generate at work... :p

:oops:

Jason

13. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

No worries. I was excited by the idea of picking up BD's that cheap.

14. Buzz Goddard

Buzz Goddard New Member

Amazon (Prime)

15. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus Active Member

i get mine at Target, or Target.com (an amazon affiliate)

where did you think I'd get stuff from :)

um drew, son we may have to have a little talk out here behind the shed concerning your support of that W retailer ;)

16. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

If it is something I want right away, Fry's or Best Buy. Fry's has the better price, Best Buy is closer.. .gas is over $3 a gallon. If it is something I want for the coming weekend, Amazon.

17. Eric

Eric Active Member

Guess I should finally up my amazon account to Prime. The place I'm living in right now has a nice spiffy new Super Target (only stocks about 10-12 titles in either format) and that's about it (I avoid Walmart like the plague). There's a tiny Circuit Shitty about 20 miles away (medium sized selection of titles, at best) and a fairly small Worst Buy about the same distance, opposite direction. My new place is going to be right next to a Target (no Super Target though :( ), haven't checked their stock yet. The previously mentioned Circuit Shitty is close too. Amazon, here I come.

18. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I get most of my music used from Amazon Marketplace. I mostly rent movies until the format war sorts itself out, then I might build a library again but nothing like what I had for DVD.

19. Greg

Greg New Member

I've purchased most of my titles from Amazon. Though I did purchase a couple at Best Buy but that was only because I wanted a quick fix for that night.

20. John Beavers

John Beavers Active Member War Zone Member

Tower Records....sigh :(