Who's buying an iPhone?

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Alfer, Jun 26, 2007.

?

Are you buying an iPhone?

1. YES

100.0%
  2. NOPE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Lots of buzz (both good and bad) about this new toy...

So who's investing in one?

I've got a friend here at work is a diehard Apple Kool-Aid drinker and he says he (and his mom and wife) "really" need one and plans to be there the day they go on sale...we have an Apple store opening the day of they go on sale, so he is totally excited...

2. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

I like the idea of it, but since it's locked into Cingluar/AT&T I can't. They get shit service here and Verizon gets great coverage here so I'm going to stick with Verizon.

3. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Maybe when they drop the price by a few hundy.

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

$500-600 per phone plus the fee just now announced...seems like a bargain.... :wink:

Honestly though...if you were a business dude and your company paid for it, it could be a fun tool...although if it can't hook up to Outlook that would suck.

5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Fee? What fee?

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Sorry...meant monthly "plan".......:)

7. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Not for me. I'm a Verizon guy and the service rocks everywhere I travel (mostly Wichita, Eugene and Miami). Plus, I'd probably break it.

8. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Voted no. I'm also on Verizon, which works well where I live, and the others don't. And the phone I got from them when I signed on 2 1/2 years ago was free and still works.

9. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Verizon here too so it's a no go. If Verizon had it for about $100, then I would.

10. Shane

Shane Active Member

I won't only because it's on Cingular. You couldn't pay me to sign up for Cingular. I know a dozen people who paid the $150 fee to move away from them due to various issues(billing screw ups, dropped calls etc).

I'll consider one when they move to other carriers. I'll probably switch to Verizon when my contract ends up next year in April. They've been rated #1 for a reason.

11. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I've really had few issues with Cingular here in Tulsa...99.5% of my calls work fine..sure there is an occassional glitch like pretty much every carrier will have but it's been pretty good so far...Never had any billing issues. \

I don't really trust any other carriers around here to have good coverage for here and in the future when we travel to NYC...most of the other carriers maps have very spotty coverage...Cingular has HUGE coverage.

12. Pete Apruzzese

Pete Apruzzese New Member

It certainly a cool looking device, but it's the kind of thing I'd wait to see a V2 released when they incorporate customer feedback and make changes to it. But I'm also a Verizon customer, so it's unlikely I'd switch to Cingular to get it anyway.

13. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I wonder how well it will hold up since it's got a big area of glass...one drop and you could be out of commision with a big repair bill perhaps.

14. Shane

Shane Active Member

There is a trend that most of us are Verizon customers. I think that deserves another poll.

15. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

I'm with Pete, I have to admit that it's a very cool looking device and there is part of me that really wants one. However, not for that price, and not if I have to switch away from VZ to get it. I'm really disappointed that VZ turned Jobs down when he came to them first. VZ didn't want to give up that much control though, and they are still pushing their own V-Cast music service.

For what it's worth, VZ will be offering the Prada phone as competition for the iPhone. I can't say I'm interested in it at all. The main appeal to me with the iPhone is the iTunes integration. I'll just wait for them to announce the next gen iPod that has all the same features, minus the phone. :)

*Disclaimer: I work for Verizon, but not the wireless division.*

16. Alfer

Alfer New Member

You have two hands...start typin!!

:)

17. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

My first 3 phones each cost more than that, and did far, far, far less.

"Sorry...meant monthly "plan"......."- Alfer

I guess you're the only person who's cell phone provider doesn't have a monthly fee for services :wink: . Maybe I have been missing something at Wally-World..... :)

18. Graeme

Graeme Active Member War Zone Member

No need for one for me. I know what I use my phone for, and for me it does not go beyond Phone, E-mail, Contacts and Calendar.

Graeme

19. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Looks like a great toy, but it?s a bit pricy. Service will probably cost a load to get all the bells and whistles you see in the demo. I?m probably a ludite, but I use my phone to make phone calls. 8)

20. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Ditto here.

At this point the #1 use of my cell phone is for email.