1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Wii outsell PS3 5 to 1 in Japan

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Jerry Pease, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Wii knew what the people wanted and they delivered.

3. Shane

Shane Active Member

Cost has a lot to do with it. And Sony doesn't have Final Fantasy out yet.

It will be interesting to see how the Wii goes because I'm curious to see if the whole Wiimote stuff will end up being a gimmick or not.

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Shane, people have been saying that since the beginning. Its been out since November and still selling like mad. I think the consumer has answered that question.

5. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

Sure, but it's not even a year old. What about next year, the year after that, etc. The PS2 was by all accounts a success, there's 100M sold over the years and sales are still very strong. Will we see that with the Wii, or will it die off after awhile and become a footnote in the long term.

6. Shane

Shane Active Member

I don't think so. Let's see in a year or so when the games are out(not much is out now) and we see if they continue to innovate and they reviews are good for those. The last few issues of EGM haven't been kind to the games. The only super successful ones so far are Nintendo's first party games and those don't keep a console alive.