1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  1. Tyson

Tyson New Member

Played the wii last night for the first time. What a fun console.

We played some off of the wii sports game, watched this weird surgeon game, and played the medal of honor game.

The best for me was probably tennis with three of us playing. Bowling was fun, too.

The Medal of Honor game has a learning curve for me as far as keeping the gun pointed down or straight ahead. I was holding the controller for it either down or parallel to the ground but it kept rising up to the sky. Still a fun game but I'll take COD 2 on the 360 instead of this one most days.

All in all, what a triumph for Nintendo. They went for a certain market and came up with some fantastic ideas. I keep in mind that in Japan, games like this are played by kids and adults. There isn't as much of the "that's a kids game" attitude over there, and the wii was built with Japan in mind first, then America, especially younger Americans. But I'm sure it has a huge market over here for adults. I sure enjoyed it. :)

Oh, and you can't beat the price.

2. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

Tyson,
    You do realize that we ask that Avatars are real pictures of the person and I am guessing maybe that is your dad or something because you are obviously a teenager if you are playing with your wii and three others are at the same time. :)

People keep saying the wii is fun and they don't go on and on about the graphics, just that the wii is fun. I may have to try one soon.

Max

3. Tyson

Tyson New Member

lol.

Well I'm not sure if I would buy one or not but it sure was a hell of a lot of fun playing tennis with my made up character. I wish I could post a picture of him. That in itself had us rolling on the floor as we were creating our characters.

4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

I'm not a huge video game fan, but the Wii is brilliant. The controller is amazing--I even have it working in place of a mouse/keyboard on my HTPC.

And yes, the games are actually kinda fun.

- Steve

5. Bob C

Bob C New Member

Steve,

This is kind of off topic, but how did you get the Wii-mote to work on your HTPC. This seems like a great replacement for the mouse that I'm using now. It looks like I can pick one up at Best Buy for only around $40.

6. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

I am using a program called Remote Buddy on my Mac mini. I am not sure if there is a PC equivalent.

Remote Buddy marries the Wiimote to the Mac via bluetooth, and has a little applet that brings up a virtual keyboard. It used the IR transmitter bar, or a tea light as an IR point source. http://www.iospirit.com has a demo video.

- Steve