Windows Error Message

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Colton, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

Help! I get these random crashes and have no idea how to fix this. Anyone know what these mean:

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

Your help is greatly appreciated. :(

2. RicP

RicP New Member

Next time it happens, click the "click here" link and copy & paste that info here. It'll help pinpoint the issue.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I THINK that's what the second window is, it doesn't give you any more information, it tells you what files its going to send to MS. I've been getting a similar error message (NO idea if its identical but its the same format/syntax) recently and I can't get any more information other than what Colton has posted. I'm starting to suspect its bad ram but I've done about every memory diagnostic I can find and they all come back clean.

4. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Reseat your ram/

5. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Tried it, multiple times, tried switching "sockets" too. Computer reboots periodically as well. Just a general PITA.

6. John F

John F Active Member War Zone Member

I don't think I can help, but how "random" are they? Are you always using some app when they happen?

7. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Nope, totally random for me (sorry to threadjack you Colton but I'm seriously wondering if this is the same issue).

8. Drew

Wasn't talking to you. :wink:

9. Drew

I think you mean what site is he at.... 8)

10. John F

John F Active Member War Zone Member

Maybe looking in the system event logs will give a clue?

Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer

11. cjd

cjd New Member

It could be physical memory, but it might be pagefile related - may even be more likely pagefile related.

Make sure you have at least 20% of your hard drive space free
    Make sure your hard drive is defragmented. Check the log when it completes to see what file(s) may still be fragmented
    Run a physical error check on the hard drive - you might have a drive that's failing

Also check for programs hogging memory or paging a lot. Virus, spyware, etc. could be causing problems for legitimate programs.

If you have more than one stick of memory in the system, try removing all but one - if the problem persists, try a different stick. Go through them this way (try simply reseating them all first). Also if a stick fails, try it in a different slot.

For memory tests try a specific memtest (the Ubuntu LiveCD has one available on boot IIRC - I know the final install does - LiveCD does not require you install the OS).

C

12. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

Yup. Same problem as CJ. Random crashes. I'd walk away and come back and Windows XP is at the login screen (rebooted). Someone said it's related to IE (so I switched to Firefox just today) or it is related to the CPU overheating. Who knows. :(